International Karate Do Gojukai Association Canada
IKGA North American Seminar was hosted by Calgary Gojukai in May, 2012. Special thanks to the special guest Saiko Shihan Goshi Yamaguchi. Thanks also to the organising committee who ensured it was such a success.
Black Belt camp was held in Coquitlam on October 6th and October 7th, 2012. Thank you to all the instructors for their effort and advice.
IKGA Canada Summer Camp is scheduled for June 29th and 30th and is being hosted by West Coast Gojukai in Coquitlam.
Canada's Gojukai Association
The IKGA is the governing body for International Karate Do Gojukai in Canada. We accreditate member dojo's and mentor the educational process within these dojo's. Our members come from all over Canada and all walks of life but what we have in common is the practise and training of Gojukai Karate.
The International Karatedo Gojukai Association Canada (IKGA Canada) is dedicated to providing instruction in the art and science of Yamaguchi Gojuryu Karatedo within Canada.It is responsible for the orderly development of this unique form of karate, under the general guidance of the international headquarters located in Tokyo, Japan.
As you will see from our National Site links page Gojukai Karate is truly an international organisation. This style of karate is practised from Australia to the UK, Argentina to Yellowknife, Canada and, of course, Japan.The goals of the association are:
- to promote Gojuryu Karatedo of the IKGA as a martial art and lifetime activity.
- to develop standards to help members to achieve their potential with safety.
- to provide uniform training in IKGA gojuryu karatedo within Canada.
- to govern the conduct of its members.
- to represent Canada to the headquarters of the International Karatedo Gojukai Association in Tokyo.